Wednesday 20 January 2010

How Great To Be Normal

Yesterday I went back to the hospital for my fifteen millionth scan (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating just a tiny bit). The good news is that things are looking stable. The part of my brain that had swollen up looks like it's in the process of contracting. It's still not down to normal size yet, but it's a lot better than it was was a few weeks ago, before my last surgery. And more importantly, I feel good. No headaches, no seizures, no disorientation and no weirdness in general.

If things stay on track, I should be able to go back to work and normality right after Chinese New Year (in a few weeks time). After the last few of months of medical madness, I am REALLY looking forward to a return to normality. I could never have guessed that ordinary, regular, day to day living could have such great appeal. I guess it's one of those things that you just don't appreciate until it's taken away from you.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on the blog and glad that things went well despite another lengthy surgery. Stay strong and keep up the updates. Sam

    ReplyDelete