Tuesday 13 December 2011

A Very Merry Christmas


Even after a tumour has been completely removed, there’s always a chance that it can return.  It’s been more than a year since my last MRI, so The Professor thought it was time to give me a thorough head-check, to make sure mine wasn’t trying to make a comeback. 

I spent most of today at the hospital, getting MRI scans and shunt adjustments: a long, laborious and slightly depressing process.  

The GREAT news is I’m in the clear! There’s no sign of Timmy the tumour (yes he had a name) and I’m told everything looks stable.  I also feel pretty good, so now I only need to go back for scans once every two years (hurray) – a great way to start my Christmas. 

Can someone please remind me go check again in December 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment