Tuesday 3 November 2009

Return to the Prince of Wales

Today I went back to the Prince of Wales hospital for my first follow-up MRI scan since the surgery. The purpose was to check that everything is healing properly and make sure there are no complications at the site of the surgery.

The journey along the halls of the hospital, to the cancer centre and the scanning room was interesting. It's a journey that I've done before but the first time I did it I was being wheeled there in a bed. Revisiting today brought all the memories flooding back. All of the examinations, tests, question marks and nerves rushed back into my head and for a moment I felt like I was right back at the beginning of my hospital treatment.

I won't get the results of the scan until meet with Professor Poon again, which will be next Monday. So until then, please keep your fingers crossed for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment