Friday 18 September 2009

Disco Lights?

My surgeon sent me this picture recently. This is the CAT scan of my brain that he took the day before my surgery.



It may look like there's a rave party going on inside my head (and hey, maybe there is), but the top left image is actually a 3D map of the nerves in and around my brain. In fact the coloured lines on all the pictures are critical nerve paths.

Armed with this 'map' and some other very advanced technology, he navigated his way around the inside of my head for 10 hours straight to remove my tumour. This wouldn't have been possible just 10 years ago because the technology just wasn't there. I still find the whole technological part of this whole thing to be simply incredible. The timing of my treatment is fortuitous to say the least.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tak,

    I really hope you are getting well SOON!! And I mean really soon!! Take care and best wishes.

    cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear more news, it's just amazing how well uou are doing and how quick the recovery progress is.
    Have fun with Bing but please please please send her home soon.
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Martin. Have you never heard? # If you love somebody you should set them free... # :]
    Joyce
    x

    ReplyDelete