Friday 18 December 2009

Airhead

The scan I did just after my last surgery showed that I had an air bubble trapped inside my brain. It's usually nothing to worry about because it gets absorbed into the bloodstream over time, except that I've been scheduled to fly back to the UK to see my parents this coming Saturday. And you can't fly when you have air trapped in your brain because when the cabin pressure changes, the air expands and your brain goes "pop".

The good news is that today, I had a follow-up scan which shows that the air's completely gone and the pressure inside my head has normalised, which means I'm now ok to fly! Now, I have to go and face the music from my parents for not telling the everything that's been going on ;-)

I'll be gone from this Saturday (Dec 19th) until the 29th. To all my HK peeps - have a great Christmas and see you when I'm back.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment