Wednesday 30 December 2009

One More Time

At risk of sounding a bit repetitive, I just found out that I have to go back to hospital for another surgery tomorrow morning.

I started getting mild headaches again a few days ago, when I was in the UK and was advised to get it checked out as soon as I came back. So after landing back in HK this afternoon, I went straight to the hospital for another CT scan.

The scan showed another build-up of fluid in my brain, which probably means that the shunt they installed last time is blocked or malfunctioning. Either way, it needs to be re-done and quickly. So it looks like I’ll be spending tomorrow in the operating theatre and my New Year in the recovery ward =( I'm not too worried. By all accounts, it'll be a breeze compared to my two previous surgeries.

Will post more when I have any updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment